If you don’t like your smile, we have good news. A new smile is easier, more affordable, and more effective than ever before using porcelain veneers. At V Smile Family Dental, watching patients discover a brilliant new smile highlights our days. Veneers can transform a smile dramatically, sometimes referred to as “instant orthodontics.” A set of veneers can correct chips, stains, and even deeply discolored teeth. But they can also alter the length and size of teeth, or help teeth that seem rotated suddenly appear straight. While it sounds dramatic, only the stunning visual outcome is surprising. Veneers provide a highly conservative approach to esthetic smile makeovers.
Dental veneers, which are thin shells of durable ceramic porcelain applied to tooth surfaces, can be used to treat a wide range of cosmetic concerns and are custom-designed for each patient. They are a more conservative procedure than crowns and can:
- Protect areas where the enamel is worn
- Restore broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Align crooked teeth and refine bites
- Lengthen, widen, or reshape teeth
- Brighten teeth with severe staining that won’t respond to bleaching
- Correct excess spacing between teeth
- Change color, shape, and smile design
- Give uniform, even sizing and presentation to all teeth
There are three types of veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are the most resistant to stains and chipping. They are generally the most popular option for people looking to change their smiles. They offer long-lasting durability and natural-looking results.
- Resin Composite is a conservative cosmetic alternative to porcelain. It is a tooth-colored filling material that is placed the same day and most times rivals the quality of a porcelain veneer.
- Lumineers are ultra-thin veneers made from cerinate porcelain that do not require your teeth to be shaved and can even be placed over crowns or bridgework. These veneers are not usually chosen because they can make our smile appear bulky.
Look good and feel good with cosmetic dentistry that can last a lifetime.
Good Planning Paves The Way
Careful planning of your veneers is vital to a successful outcome. Models, photographs, and digital x-rays allow you and Dr. Tippireddy to create a perfect blueprint to direct your case from start to finish. Like all successful projects, this planning can’t be compromised. She will consider your input and incorporate your desires into your veneer case, from color to shape and a number of other factors.
The Next Steps
Once Dr. Tippireddy plans your case, usually, two appointments leave you with a stunning new smile. At the first visit, the teeth are gently prepared to allow space for the ultra-thin porcelain to be crafted over by a master lab technician. Dr. Tippireddy provides all the information to a specialized lab that’s needed to create a masterpiece.
Dr. Tippireddy also produces acrylic temporary restorations that mimic the veneers, worn for about three weeks. These temporaries provide a preview of the general appearance of your new smile and allow further input regarding the appearance of your upcoming smile.
Delivering The Magic
After hours of custom craftwork in the lab, you’ll return for a second appointment. Dr. Tippireddy will try in each veneer and evaluate the appearance and fit, giving you an opportunity to preview the new look. She will then go through several precise steps to bond the thin veneers to the outer surface of your teeth, creating an incredibly strong bond between tooth and porcelain. Minor adjustments to your bite and a final polish will leave you with a smile that may have you wondering why you waited so long to find V Smile Family Dental!