Everyone wants a dazzling smile, but the truth is most of us weren’t born with perfect teeth. To achieve your ideal smile, you’ll probably need some dental work.
The question is, what kind?
If you have smile defects – like chips, stains, or under-size teeth – then you may have looked into bonding or veneers. But now, there may be an even better option.
Bioclear is a non-invasive cosmetic dental treatment that can change a smile in only one appointment! It’s more durable than bonding and less invasive than veneers. A win-win!
Since it’s a “newer” method, you may not have learned about it yet. So in this guide, we describe all you might need to understand regarding Bioclear.
What is Bioclear?
The Bioclear Method is a new alternative that utilizes a thin shell to create composite dental material on the surface of a tooth. Once it’s customized, you’ll go home with gorgeous, natural-looking teeth.
Most importantly, the procedure is minimally invasive and won’t harm the teeth!
When is Bioclear utilized?
Bioclear can correct smile imperfections such as:
- Small-sized or uneven teeth
- Decay damage
- Unsightly gaps
- Dark triangle shapes between your teeth
Bioclear has become the new alternative to crowns, veneers, and bonding. Please read below to compare.
The Bioclear process?
Here’s a preview of Dr. Tippireddy’s Bioclear treatment:
- First, we meticulously clean the tooth. We’ll start by pushing the gums back gently and confining the area we are focusing on. Then a disclosing agent is applied to highlight previously invisible traces of sticky biofilm. A small instrument will eliminate any trace of biofilm. This cleaning powder is abrasive enough to eliminate this microscopic sticky layer accumulated on the teeth’ surface without causing damage to the tooth surface.
- Next, Dr. Tippireddy will choose a thin mylar form from over 20 different shapes. This form will provide the mold for the new tooth surface.
- This form will slip underneath your gum line, and we inject a heated composite resin, filling the form.
- We then cure the resin via light activation (ultraviolet polymerization).
- Lastly, Dr. Tippireddy will continue by polishing and shaping the tooth to blend with your surrounding teeth seamlessly.
This whole procedure takes just one visit and is pain-free.
How long does Bioclear last?
With proper care, your Bioclear should last at least ten years or more.
This is about the same as a veneer and far longer than bonding.
How much does Bioclear cost?
Bioclear is 25-50% less costly than a porcelain veneer. It’s also less expensive than replacing or fixing an entire veneer or crown.
Bioclear is more costly than traditional bonding. But, the strength and greater life expectancy of Bioclear can save you money long-term.
Does insurance cover Bioclear?
Bioclear is a cosmetic procedure that is most likely not covered by dental insurance.
Is Bioclear effective?
Short answer: Yes! Just look at our actual patients’ before & after Bioclear photos below.
But for a more convincing answer, let’s compare Bioclear to other cosmetic treatments.
Crowns vs Bioclear
To prepare a crown, you must remove a portion of your tooth structure, thus making this an irreversible procedure.
Even though a crown is not susceptible to cavities, the underlying tooth structure is. Typically, decay starts at the crown’s edge and continues underneath it if not taken care of right away. Not to mention, most crowns can block x-rays, which prevents us from knowing what’s happening underneath it to treat it.
Another common issue with crowns is a snap-off fracture, meaning the crown and underlying tooth structure split off at the gumline. If there isn’t sufficient tooth structure remaining, the remaining option is to extract the tooth and replace it with a bridge or dental implant.
Bioclear can strengthen the composition of your tooth and restore its function, similar to a crown.
Veneers vs Bioclear
The primary purpose of opting for Bioclear is that it’s much less invasive than veneers.
Part of the tooth’s enamel must be removed with a veneer to fit the veneer to the tooth’s surface. Once you do this, there’s no getting it back.
With Bioclear, your normal tooth structure remains sound – there’s no prep or shaving needed. This is the best scenario because you are obtaining your desired outcome while also “banking” tooth structure for the future to have more options.
Plus, Bioclear is complete in only one appointment, whereas veneers require multiple appointments over two or more weeks.
Bonding vs Bioclear
While both methods use a composite resin, there are fundamental differences.
Bioclear is longer-lasting, stain-resistant, and durable than cosmetic bonding. It’s also the best option for covering the dark, black triangles between teeth.
Traditional bonding is also at risk for cracking, chipping, and staining, as well as frequent replacement.
More questions about Bioclear?
We would be happy to answer them for you! You can obtain more information about Bioclear treatment by setting up a consultation.
You’ll learn these essential facts:
- What makes somebody an ideal candidate?
- Who would not be able to benefit from it?
- Why a patient having Invisalign treatment may consider it.